My 2.5 year old took a very recent liking to eating muffins, except for some reason he calls muffins “pie”. Today he asked for a “pink pie.” Lucky for us, we had strawberry jam in our fridge, and I always have the other muffin ingredients on hand. I whipped these up lickety-split! There’s no added sugar because the jam is already sweetened (plus they contain banana). This recipe makes 10 toddler-sized muffins (meaning I didn’t fill them very full). Enjoy!
Strawberry Jam Muffins
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C oat flour
1/3 C corn flour
1/3 C quinoa flour (ground quinoa)
1/2 t salt
1 t baking powder
1/2 C organic strawberry jam (or try another flavor!)
1 mashed ripe banana
2 T liquid oil (avocado, olive, canola)
1/4 C soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350-370 degrees (this depends on your oven…I used to bake all my muffins at 350 degrees but then I moved to a new home and I have to set it to 370 degrees.)
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mash banana on a plate and mash in other wet ingredients.
- Add wet blend to the dry ingredients.
- Portion in muffin liners or a greased muffin pan (I’m a fan of the silicone muffin liners!)
- Bake for 23 minutes (check at about 20 minutes).
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy the “pie”!