EASY HOME FRIES
The quick story behind this recipe:
According to Eric, I have a knack for making awesome home fries. In general, home fries are so simple to make, but he complains that his fries never turn out as good as mine do. Personally, I think the key to great fries is the oil: you want to use just enough but not too much. (Who knows, I could be wrong.) Anyway, here is my recipe for delicious fries. We (three) have been eating a lot of these lately!
2 large potatoes (I like to use a russet and a yam)
2 scant tablespoons olive oil
Your choice of seasonings (I like to use different salt-free blends)
- Scrub the russets and wash & peel the yam. Cut into ~1/2 inch strips/pieces.
- Toss the cut potatoes in a large bowl with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasonings on the potatoes and toss again.
- Spread the strips/pieces on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Take care to space them so the fries don’t touch each other.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes. (Check at 20 minutes).
That’s it! It’s ridiculously easy, right?
Here, we had our fries for dinner with some salsa-seasoned pinto beans that Eric made, some peas, corn and Daiya cheddar style vegan shreds.