Here is a snack cake (i.e. healthy cookie) that is gluten free (GF) and almost fully NSNG (No Sugar No Grains). The little bit of sugar comes from the cranberry sauce. Otherwise, they are just banana-sweetened. I used my Pineapple Cranberry Sauce, but you can use any cranberry sauce.
These are moist when baked for 10 minutes. The sweetness of the banana pairs nicely with the tanginess of the cranberry. Another new recipe success!
1/4 C ground flax
1/4 C quinoa flour
1/4 C garbanzo bean flour
1/4 C coconut flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/8 t allspice
1 ripe banana
1/3 C cranberry sauce
1/4 C full fat coconut milk
1 t vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Mash the banana with the rest of the ingredients on a dinner plate.
3. Combine the dry + wet ingredients.
4. Use a Silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Make tablespoon size balls using a cookie scoop or spoon. Roll them in your hands and flatten into discs.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 24.