You are currently browsing the daily archive for April 30, 2012.
2 mashed bananas
1 C non dairy milk
1 T white vinegar
1/3 C applesauce
1/3 C canola oil
1/2 C evaporated cane juice
*2 C mixed grain flours (Use 1/3 C of each: quinoa flour, millet flour, spelt flour, garbanzo bean flour, whole wheat pastry flour & ground oats)
2 T ground flax
1/3 C unsweetened coconut shreds
1/3 C ground walnuts
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1/2 t sea salt
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1 C blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and then fold in the berries.
*Depending on the moisture level of the berries (i.e. if using thawed frozen berries) and the size of the bananas, add another 1/4 – 1/3 C flour (wheat or oat) if the batter seems too thin.
Bake in muffin liners for about 22 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes about 18.
>>NOTES: To make this recipe gluten-free (GF), reduced fat, and reduced sugar…
- For the 2 C flour, use 1/2 each quinoa flour, millet flour, brown rice flour, and oat flour (GF)
- Instead of the flax, use garbanzo bean flour
- Instead of the walnuts, use rolled oats (GF)
- Reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup
- Reduce the milk and the vinegar by half
- Instead of 1/3 C oil, use about a tablespoon of oil and then the rest more applesauce.